Free places are available to children between 2 and 5 years of age. To apply please complete and application form for your nearest nursery.
We are open for 38 weeks every year and provide two sessions daily. Our morning sessions are between 8.50 and 11.50am and our afternoon sessions are between 12.50 and 3.50pm. We also offer full-time places for those children who meet Birmingham City Council’s eligibility criteria for a full-time place. The full day is offered from 9am until 3pm.
Extended free childcare – 30 hours
All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours a week of free early learning. From September 2017 the government has committed to doubling the amount of free childcare from 15 to 30 hours a week for working parents of 3 and 4 year olds.
Parents will be able to access the additional free childcare at Hamd House Nurseries.
The additional childcare entitlement is for working families who meet the below eligibility criteria:
- Both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family) and each parent earns, on average: a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage or the national living wage. If one parent’s income is over £100,000 per year the family will not be eligible
- One or both parents may be on leave parental or maternity leave
- One or both parents are on statutory sick pay
- Parents on zero hour contracts or self employed
- One parent is employed and the other parent has either substantial caring responsibilities, and or a disability, is a foster carer with their own 3 and 4 year old children
Flexibility is offered to parents who wish to access their children’s free entitlement over fewer days. Parents are advised to speak to the nursery manager about their particular requirements.
“Children’s progress is meticulously documented and analysed, so that any gaps in learning are very rapidly identified and addressed, so that all children make excellent progress.”Ofsted